We’re here, we’re queer, and we’re proud of it.
Love is love is love is love and it arrives in all different shapes and sizes. This month you’ll find eighteen looks of love in several shades we hope delight you: love of self, love of others, love in longing, and love in leaving. Acceptance, understanding, and wisdom all surface in these pages, along with agency, eagerness, and humor.
As Julia mentions in their editorial, every single creator who contributed to this issue is queer, as is our entire staff. We’re deeply proud of this issue and thank you from the bottom of our watery hearts for helping make this magazine happen.
- Proud of This Ship by Julia Rios
- Mermama by Mimi Silverstein
- La Voce to Me by Jennifer Lee Rossman
- Treasure by Inkshark
- Not the Brightest Starfish in the Sea by Rod M. Santos
- Mercouple by Mimi Silverstein
- Shoretune by Brandon O’Brien
- At the Mouth of the Sea by Tamara Jerée
- Queer As the Sea by Sarah Peploe
- Un/Reliable: Reflections in the Drowning Girl by Jordan Kurella
- 3 Mers on a Rock by Kala Tye
- Life as a Twenty Something Mermaid in Vancouver by Emily Deibert
- Gull by Inkshark
- Mergays by Elizabeth Burch-Hudson
- our translucent bodies by Devin Miller
- Hippocampus Zosterae by David Mohan
- Dissolution by Emily Deibert and Inkshark
- Riparian by Seanan McGuire
- Merfriends by Mimi Silverstein
Download the Mermaids Monthly Issue #6 – June 2021
Subscribe to Mermaids Monthly 2021
Get your fiction fast and fresh and help us pay for more fantastic content!